Luxury self-catering holiday cottage in the Brecon Beacons
Merryfields Barn is a 5-star self-catering property in Llangattock, Crickhowell, in the Brecon Beacons National Park, with stunning views of nearby Crickhowell, the River Usk and the Black Mountains (incl. Table Mountain and Sugar Loaf). Built in 2009, the barn is in a peaceful, rural location, yet the attractive village of Llangattock (one of Britain’s 10 greenest communities and top 50 Best Places to live in UK [Sunday Times, 2015]), the picturesque Georgian market town Crickhowell and Monmouthshire & Brecon canal are all within walking distance and the market towns of Abergavenny and Brecon are less than 20 minutes’ drive.
At the rear, French doors open onto a large, private patio area, a paddock with a stream and views to Llangattock escarpment. To the front is an orchard, lawned area, mature trees and fabulous views – a little touch of paradise!
Tel: +44 (0)1873 810013
local events near Crickhowell
- Crickhowell Walking Festival, Crickhowell: 25/2 – 5/3/2017
- Hay Festival of Literature, Hay on Wye: 25/5 – 4/6/2017
- Royal Welsh Show, Builth Wells: 24 – 27/7/2017
- Abergavenny Festival of Cycling, Abergavenny: 2017 TBC
- Brecon Jazz Festival, Brecon: 10 – 14/8/2017
- Green Man Festival, Crickhowell: 17 – 20/8/2017
- Crickhowell Literary Festival, Crickhowell: 1 – 9/10/2016
- Abergavenny Christmas Fair: 11/12/2016
- Abergavenny Christmas Food Festival: 17 – 18/12/2016
Crickhowell holiday accommodation
Built in 2009, Merryfields Barn has oak beams, doors and floors upstairs and a limestone floor with under-floor heating throughout downstairs. The barn has two bedrooms (one with a king size bed, the other with two single beds), both with stunning mountain views. There’s a Japanese square bath and a modern, walk-in shower/wet room. The oak kitchen is fully equipped and the utility room has a washing machine and tumble dryer. Quality, 5-star dog-friendly accommodation with excellent Wi-Fi!