Luxury self-catering holiday cottage in the Brecon Beacons
Merryfields Barn is a 5-star self-catering property in Llangattock, Crickhowell, in the Brecon Beacons National Park, with stunning views of nearby Crickhowell, the River Usk and the Black Mountains. Built in 2009, this self-catering barn is in a peaceful, rural location near the attractive village of Llangattock (voted by Sunday Times one of Britain’s 10 greenest communities and top 50 Best Places to live in UK). The picturesque Georgian market town Crickhowell and Monmouthshire & Brecon canal are all within walking distance and the market towns of Abergavenny, Brecon and Monmouth are all a short drive away.
At the rear, French doors open onto a large, private patio area, a paddock with a stream and views to Llangattock escarpment. To the front is an orchard, lawned area, mature trees and fabulous views – a little touch of paradise!
Tel: +44 (0)1873 810013
local events near Crickhowell
- Crickhowell Walking Festival, Crickhowell: 25/2 – 5/3/2017
- Hay Festival of Literature, Hay on Wye: 25/5 – 4/6/2017
- Royal Welsh Show, Builth Wells: 24 – 27/7/2017
- Abergavenny Festival of Cycling, Abergavenny: 7/7/17
- Brecon Jazz Festival, Brecon: 10 – 14/8/2017
- Green Man Festival, Crickhowell: 17 – 20/8/2017
- Crickhowell Literary Festival, Crickhowell: 2017 TBC
- Abergavenny Christmas Fair, Abergavenny: 10/12/2017
- Abergavenny Christmas Food Festival: 16 – 17/12/2017
Crickhowell holiday accommodation
Built in 2009, Merryfields Barn has oak beams, doors and floors upstairs and a limestone floor with under-floor heating throughout downstairs. The barn has two bedrooms (one with a king size bed, the other with two single beds), both with stunning mountain views. There’s a Japanese square bath and a modern, walk-in shower/wet room. The oak kitchen is fully equipped and the utility room has a washing machine and tumble dryer. Quality, 5-star dog-friendly accommodation with excellent Wi-Fi!